Published on My VSTS KB
Microsoft has officially named the Visual Studio Team System Code-name 'Rosario' suite of tools to "Visual Studio Team System 2010" in an announcement on 29-Sep-2008. They have also posted information on MSDN and Channel 9.
The 2010 release will be a huge step forward for the tools in the ALM space. The new architect tools look great, the build system will be improved, the tools for project management will (finally) get support for hierarchical structures, test management... The list just goes on and on...
The complete announcement can be found here.
And Brian Harry of course has some more to add about this in this post.
Here are some links to the announcements, feature sets, goodies and articles:
- Microsoft PressPass - Microsoft Unveils Next Version of Visual Studio and .NET Framework
- Brian Harry's Blog - Shining the Light on Rosario
- MSDN - Visual Studio Team System 2010 Overview
- MSDN - Visual Studio 2010 and the .Net Framework 4.0 Overview
- Channel 9 - Norm Guadagno: Announcing Visual Studio Team System 2010
- Channel 9 - Visual Studio Team System 2010 Week on Channel 9!
Brian Harry also posted also that there would be another CTP this fall.